Rise and dine, breakfast champions! It's time to conquer the day with the help of this nutritious and hearty breakfast. Here’s the formulae for a perfect breakfast:
You need protein:It’s an essential macronutrient to help build and repair muscles, produce hormones and stay full. Eggs, Greek yogurt or protein powders are a great way to ensure you get it in the AM.
You need carbohydrates:Since they are the primary source of energy for our bodies, it’s important to get enough in the morning, so you have enough juice for the remainder of the day.
You need fat:
It’s essential for brain function, hormone production and nutrient absorption.
Having a well-balanced breakfast ensures you have the energy to slay the day!
This recipe takes 15 minutes to prep, 35 minutes to cook and serves 4 people. Here's what you need to make it:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can black beans (14 oz)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 whole eggs
- Optional - cheddar cheese, jalapeños, salsa, avocado, cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop up sweet potatoes into cubes and place on baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Chop up onion, mince garlic, and chop peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
- Add remaining avocado oil to a medium size skillet and cook onions for 5-6 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add yellow peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, black beans, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and red chili flakes to skillet.
- Cook for 10 minutes until veggies are soft and cooked through.
- Once yams are cooked, transfer them to the skillet and mix everything together. Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Make 4 wells in the veggie mixture and break a whole egg into each one. Place the lid over the skillet and cook again until eggs are cooked through to your liking.
- Optional - add cheddar cheese and cover again to let melt. Serve with salsa, avocado slices and cilantro.