By Sisley Killam, Holistic Nutritionist and founder of The Pure Life
Why we love this recipe, and how it supports fertility: wild salmon is high in omega 3 fatty acids and selenium, both important for conception and pregnancy. Leafy greens like arugula help support liver and gut health, and therefore healthy estrogen levels. Hemp seeds are a good source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, essential for fertility.
Here's how to make it.
- 3 large handfuls organic mixed baby greens
- 1 large handful thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 small handful freshly chopped dill and basil
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 piece of wild-caught salmon
- Dressing: the juice of ½ lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey, 1 small garlic clove (minced), pinch of sea salt, black pepper
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pan-fry the salmon until fully cooked or bake in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the salad together and top with the cooked salmon.
- Mix your dressing in a small bowl and serve fresh. Enjoy!