Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Smart Solutions
Did you know that collagen is found in so many different parts of the body? One third of the protein in our body is collagen, so it’s important to build up collagen reserves!1
Collagen plays many essential roles by supporting and strengthening your bones, teeth, tendons, muscles and internal organs.2 It also supports healthy hair, skin, and nails.2 It’s a fibre in the connective tissue throughout your body, most noticeably in the face.1
We lose 1% of collagen every year after the age of 20,2but we can get boost the benefits of it by adding it to the menu. Try it in this refreshing, sparkling drink! Fruity, citrusy, and with a hint of spice, this will be your new go-to this spring and summer.
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 scoop Active Collagen powder
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- Ginger beer
- Club soda
- In a blender combine the pineapple, lemon juice, collagen powder, ginger and blend. Strain and split between 2 glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice, and top with equal parts ginger beer and club soda. Serve with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
Instagram Handle: @basicswithbails
- Helfrich, Y., Sachs, D., & Voorhees, J. (2008). Overview of skin aging and photoaging Dermatology Nursing, 20(3), 177–183.
- Ruta Ganceviciene, Aikaterini I. Liakou, Athanasios Theodoridis, Evgenia Makrantonaki & Christos C. Zouboulis(2012)Skin anti-aging strategies, Dermato-Endocrinology, 4:3, 308-319, DOI: 10.4161/derm.22804